- Embrace Your Anger — “You were lied to. You were betrayed. You were fooled. You have the right to be angry.”
- Get Over Your Regret — “Kick yourself in the ass a few times. Mourn everything you lost. But pick yourself up and get on with it. You already wasted time — don’t waste more drowning yourself in your sorrows.”
- Hold Steady — “Create a support network, and try to stay away from intense debates with those who betrayed you.”
- Be Cautious About Getting Back Involved in the Same Sort of Relationship — “Even if you still believe that it is worthwhile or what you want, you should probably take it easy, at least for a while. Otherwise, you may be setting yourself up for a pattern of involvement, disillusionment, and disbelief.”
- Life Your Life in Color — “Life without can be a marvelous, beautiful thing. I urge you to take the opportunity to do things you couldn’t or wouldn’t do before, when and how you can.”
To which I would add (based on my own experience):
- Meet with and interact with friends — don't spend all your time moping on your own (and SL wandering on your own can be very depressing).
- Start a new project, SL skill, or exploration — new things and even relationships can grow out of doing something new, and its imporetant to feel you are making some progress, somehow.
- Help and empathise with others who have lost someone — this not only helps them, but its something that feels real even if you are a bit down.
- Get outside — yes the RL outside each day.
- Don't beat up on yourself too much if you are not achieving and seem to be just wandering — you are not, recovering from a bad relationship takes some personal space and time.